Thursday, August 28, 2008

now, I need to get started.

It's getting cooler these days in Japan. I hear the sound of fall.
So far, I've had good summer vacation. I had many events, BBQ, playing tennis, swimming in the sea, a reunion of my relatives, and a journey with my VIP. My parents were a bit panicked because I brought my boyfriend from foreign country. Actually it's really rare to do this because in Japan usually a couple introduce their family after decision of marriage or engagement. Nowadays it's not so definite thing, but still reminds the atmosphere. Anyways I did say to them that it's not like that at all, just invited him home and wanted to show my family, mu background. The meeting was a kind of encountering with unknown world! My dad was a bit perplexed, my mom was less active, my brother was at loss. I really liked it though.
The journey was great, we went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa, and Nagoya. This time, I really appreciated for my study about Japanese culture. It seemed that I could explain about our culture a bit, and find many new things in it with my boyfriend. It's really interesting to be with a person who has different background, then share the experiences and the opinions. Even better if we feel affection and respect each other. We talked a lot, had some trouble in the same time, and learned a lot, I believe.
For sure after the journey, there is no doubt for my feeling lonely. So I had asked to my friends to be with before, and they really cared about me. We can sympathize and encourage each other. I'm really grateful for my great luck to have those great friends around me.
It might be my last summer in Japan, and I'm really happy to be able to have this precious summer.

Now I just came back from the journey. Then this is the end of the free vacation, even I have one more month break, but the start of studying vacation. I need to get ready for the exhibition and the thesis. It's started, I gotta take a step forward!

2 comments:

Lori said...

It's fun being a tourist in your own country -- now you know a bit of what my job was like! :-)

So, email me, tell me how you met this guy!!

Takako said...

okey, dear.
I'll tell you my novel-like story!